While Snakes and Ladders staff and management endeavour to ensure the safety of all visitors, it remains the responsibility of accompanying adults to supervise the children in their care while visiting the facility. All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult (aged 18 or over) and remain the responsibility of said adult at all times.
Parents and guardians must:
- Remain on the premises at all times
- Monitor their child to ensure that he/she is capable of using the equipment/rides safely.
- Know where their child is and ensure that the child is able to locate them.
Parents and guardians know their child’s capabilities and behaviour best and should ensure an appropriate level of supervision to reflect this. Group/ party organisers must ensure that there are an adequate number of adults present for the supervision of their charges. They must explain the safety rules to the children and ensure they are observed.
- Children are advised to wear long sleeved shirts and long trousers and all customers must wear socks at all times to minimise the risk of personal injury.
- Tops should be tucked into bottom garments when using the slides on the play equipment.
- Customers must remove shoes, spectacles, jewellery and badges before entering the playframe.
- Customers must put their shoes on before using the motor bikes.
- No food drink or chewing gum may be consumed in the play areas.
- All height, age and safety restrictions imposed by the management, including via safety signage, must be adhered to and observed.
- Parents and guardians must ensure that children do not become overheated. Children who are unwell, or who have been unwell, should not visit the centre for at least 48 hours. Children who become unwell whilst in the centre, must leave the centre immediately and must not use the play equipment.
- If you are unable to locate your child, please inform a member of our team immediately. Please also inform us if you or your child has any sort of accident, however minor, so they can be checked out by a trained first aider.
- Abusive behaviour to staff or other customers from either adults or children will not be tolerated.
- We ask that customers are sensitive when taking photographs and restrict their photos to their own children.
- Group/party organizers should ensure that there are an adequate number of adults present for supervision of their charges.
- Strictly no smoking or vaping on the premises, including the outdoor play area in Brentford.
- In the event of emergency evacuation of the building, our staff will take immediate action to guide all children down from the playframe.
Please meet the children you are accompanying at ground level and leave the building via the nearest fire exit.
Snakes and Ladders encourages children to play and explore in a safe and stimulating environment. As such, there are inherent risks that are always associated with children playing and having fun together. These include: Children being exposed to moderate physical activity. Children tripping, falling and bumping into fixed objects and other children.
Snakes and Ladders has taken every reasonable step to control these risks through the design, maintenance and operation of the facility. However, it is impossible to eliminate such risks whilst providing a stimulating environment and parents/guardians must recognize and accept this risk.
Reducing the risk of transmission of Covid-19
Please do not visit Snakes and Ladders if you should be self-isolating, or if you have symptoms of the Coronavirus including: A high temperature, persistent new cough and/or a loss of or change to your sense of smell or taste.
Enhanced cleaning is carried out and ventilation is utilised to help reduce the risk of transmission of Covid-19. Please respect others space and keep separate from those with whom you do not normally meet whilst queuing to enter the site, at the Café, the toilets or other areas.
Please supervise and encourage your children to observe the safety signs and guidelines while in the playframe and around the building.
Please help us reduce the need for contact between staff and customers by placing your rubbish in the bins provided. We request that any onsite payments are, where possible, contactless to prevent any unnecessary contact for you and our staff. Please make sure that you have a valid method of payment. We ask that customers vacate the building promptly at the end of their session to allow us to clean and sanitise thoroughly for incoming customers.
Face Coverings and Hygiene
In line with Government recommendations, we encourage customers aged 11+ to wear a face covering on entry and throughout your visit to Snakes and Ladders except when you are sitting while eating or drinking or are unable to do so due to a health or disability reason.
Hand sanitising stations are available around our sites. Hands must be sanitised on entry and exit, and before and after entering the playframes and play areas. Please help children to do so.
There is a free admission for a carer of children or adults who are registered disabled. The advertised child/adult admission charge (according to site) applies to the customer who is being accompanied by a carer .
Our current online booking system is not able to process admission of free carers, therefore we ask that you e-mail site with the photo/scan of the DLA letter and your telephone number, and we will contact you and assist in booking your visit to Snakes and Ladders.
Disabled parking is available on all of our sites (adjacent to our premises in Syon Park).
If you require further details or advice regarding the suitability of our facilities, timing your visit or accessibility, please call or e-mail your local site.